Q1. Online English Typing Test
Online Typing tests assess your typing abilities and measure your typing speed (usually in Word per Minute) and accuracy (in Percentage) on a computer keyboard.
#Note: Some typing tools also measure typing speed in Keystroke as well as Key depression per minute (KPM) or Character per minute (CPM).
Typing Buzz online typing test offer a quick and precise tool to test your English typing speed. Our Typing Test is designed with the highest accuracy to provide a great results and user experiences.
With our free typing speed test you can easily determine your current typing speed online.
Q2. How does the online English typing test work?
The working of the English Typing Test is explained below.
You are required to type as many words as you can within the specific time period that is given to you. In the typing window the tool will show your GWPM (Gross Words Per Minute), NWPM (Net Words Per Minute), Accuracy, and Time Left.
When the timer stops the tool will instantly show your overall performance. By seeing that, you can judge yourself and plan accordingly.
Speed isn't the only thing needed, but accuracy is equally important. The results on the English typing test will also show the words you did not type correctly, as well as the accuracy, error rate and more.
Typing Buzz as well as all the English typing test tool calculates typing speed according to a generally obtained method, in which five characters will be counted as a single word.
You can check more details on working of typing test tools and formula used by clicking here.
Q3. How to take English typing test on Typing Buzz?
#Note: First, You must sit in the correct posture on the computer before starting the typing test.
- Search ‘Typing Buzz’ on Google’ and click on the first link that appears then go to ‘typing test and choose your language in which you want to give a test let’s say ‘English Typing Test.
- Then a new screen will open which is your typing window. Here you will get two boxes, the first one show a paragraph which you have to type in the second box given just below.
- When you click on the second box and enter first letter your English typing test will start and the countdown will begin.
- You have to type that word directly from the keyboard, which is being highlighted with Yellow Color.
- When you completed your test click on submit button or it will be automatically submitted (if timer ends first) then the tool will instantly show your overall result.
- In this new window you can see your English typing test result, as well as you will see a Restart button” through which you will be able to give typing test again.
#Note:You should take typing test again and again to improve your typing skill.
Q4. Features of English typing test available on Typing Buzz?
- When you practice English typing using the English Typing Test available on Typing Buzz, you will get the benefit of using the text highlighter feature, which highlights the current word you need to type. You can also disable this feature if you don’t need this.
- If your typed word is correct, the moment you hit the Space Button the word highlighted in yellow will be highlighted in "Green Color".
- However, if the word entered is incorrect, the word highlighted in yellow will be highlighted in "Red Color" on pressing the Space Button.
- Using Typing Buzz English typing test tool you can restrict the use of backspace, thus if you press the Space key, you will not be able to change that word again.
- It also gives you an option of keyboard sound which you can enable or disable as per your choice.
- You can also set words limit if you want to type specific amount of characters.
- The default duration of typing test is 01 minute, but following options are available to choose
- 01 minute
- 02 minute
- 05 minute
- 10 minute
- The default paragraph selected is of Random words, but you can also opt for story, and editorial.
#Note:While attempting English typing test, keep in mind that when you type a word you must press the space key only one time. If you press the space key more than once it will skip the word that is currently highlighted with yellow, and the next word will then be highlighted with yellow.
Q5. Can I use English Typing Test on Mobile Phone?
Yes you can use English typing test on your mobile phone but we recommend practicing typing on your PC if available.
- First of all, connect the keyboard in your Android mobile via an OTG cable.
- After this, open any browser available in the mobile like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and others.
- Then open our website url https://typingbuzz.com or simply search Typing Buzz.
- Select online English typing test and start typing test.
Q6. Why should I take the English Typing Speed Test?
Typing Test helps you to better assess your current typing abilities and gives you an opportunity to compare your typing speed at different times.
Typing Test measures your typing speed and accuracy, this will help you understand if you need to make any improvements.
Average typing speed is 40 WPM, if you find your typing speed below that. Try to exceed it! You can take the English Typing Test multiple times and see your typing speed improve over time.
Q7. What are the benefits of typing test?
Typing is a important ability for anyone who uses computers. As comfortable as you feel in your typing, the more you are able to focus on what you're doing. The slowness of keyboarding and the need to correct mistakes can divert your attention away from what you're trying to accomplish (writing your email or filling out an application, etc.). Take this online typing test to find out the speed at which you type.
Training is the key to developing your typing ability. The more often you take this test of typing, the quicker your typing speed will improve. After each test, our typing tool instantly provides your typing statistic. That includes your Gross speed, Net Speed, Accuracy, Mistakes etc.
Q8. Some Tips before taking English Typing Test
- Don't look at the keyboard. Use both hands for typing. Looking at the keyboard regularly will slow down your typing speed.
- The middle row of alphabets is known as the Home row or rest position. Place your left-hand fingers on keys A S D F and right-hand fingers on keys J K L ;. After pressing any other key on the keyboard, return to the home row position.
- Sit straight and remember to keep your back straight. Keep your elbows bent at the right angle.
- Expose the shoulder, arm, and wrist muscles to the least possible strain. The wrists can touch the tabletop in front of the keyboard.
- Never shift your body weight to the wrists by resting on them.
- Keep at least 45-70 cm of distance between your eyes and the screen.